Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Only in America!

Only in America do we have a system setup where we get to pay "professionals" to tell us what we already know.

Last week, the Appraiser called me and asked what we paid for the land last year, and what the contract price is on the new house. His appraised value.....the same amount I had told the loan officer when she asked for my guestimate! For this privelege I was honored to pay him $350.

Yesterday, I spoke to the guy I get to pay $300 to decide where our septic system would best be located and how to best lay it out. His question....where would I like the septic to be, and how would I like to lay it out.

Not that I didn't know this in advance. I have been forewarned by more than one friend who recently went thru this process. I'm just thankfull that God has blessed us with the ability to pay for these annoyances. After all it is His money anyway...and the septic will be where I want it.

No comments: